How to gain more customers through blogging.
Drive traffic/customers to your website.
Think about the ways people find your website:
- Type your name right in, but that’s an audience you already know.
- You could pay for traffic by buying an email list, blasting them, and hoping some people open and click through on the emails. But that’s expensive, and, you know, illegal.
- You could pay for traffic by placing paid search ads, which isn’t illegal, but still quite expensive. And the second you run out of money, your traffic stops coming, too still no guaranteed results.
- Organic search results free needs attention from a SEO expert or developer/designer.
How can you drive traffic? By blogging, social media, and search engines. Here’s how it works.
Think about how many pages there are on your website. not many, right? And think about how often you update those webpages. Probably not that often.
Well, blogging helps solve both of those problems.
Every time you write a blog post, it’s one more indexed page on your website. It’s also one more chance for Google and other search engines that your website is active and they should be crawling it.
Every new indexed page is one more opportunity for you to show in search engines, and drive traffic to your website through organic search. We’ll get into more of the benefits of blogging on your SEO a bit later.
Blogging also helps you get discovered via social media. Every time you write a blog post, you’re creating content that people can share on social networks.
Blog content also helps keep your social media presence going – instead of asking your social media manager to come up with brand new original content for social media (or creating that content yourself), your blog can serve as that repository of content. You’re strengthening your social reach with blog content and driving new website visitors to your blog.
So, the first benefit of blogging? It helps drive new traffic to your website.
2) Convert that traffic into leads.
Now that you have traffic coming to your website through your blog, you have an opportunity to convert that traffic into leads.
Every blog post you write is another chance to generate leads.
Often, these calls to action are things like free ebooks here, free whitepapers, free fact sheets, free trials … basically, any content asset that someone would be willing to exchange their information for. To be clear for anyone unfamiliar with how traffic-to-lead conversions work, it’s as simple as this:
- Visitor comes to website
- Visitor sees call-to-action button
- Visitor clicks call-to-action button and gets to a landing page, which contains a form for them to fill in with their information
- Visitor fills out form, submits information, and receives the free offer
If you scroll down in this blog post, you’ll see a call-to-action button. In fact, 99.9% of the blog posts we publish have call-to-action buttons. That is how you turn that traffic coming to your blog into leads for your sales team.
Simply keep blogging/writing about services products or experiences in your business field.